Pain and Symptom Management, New -- Update on the Opioid Crisis 2019 (Fulfills the 1-time training on opioids and other controlled substances awareness)
Completion of this webinar fulfills the new (effective January 4, 2019) one-time license requirement for opioid and other controlled substances awareness training standards for prescribers and dispensers of controlled substances.
This course covers:
- Use of opioids and other controlled substances.
- Integration of treatments.
- Alternative treatments for pain management.
- Counseling patients on the effects and risks associated with using opioids and other controlled substances.
- The stigma of addiction.
- Utilizing the Michigan Automated Prescription System (MAPS).
- State and federal laws regarding prescribing and dispensing controlled substances.
- Security features and proper disposal requirements for prescriptions.
Earns: 1.5 CME Credits
Speaker: Carl Christensen, MD, PhD, D-FASAM, FACOG, cMRO, does not have relevant financial relationships.
Planner: Stacey Hettiger does not have relevant financial relationships.
Planner: Beth Elliott does not have relevant financial relationships.
Statement of Accreditation: The Michigan State Medical Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: The Michigan State Medical Society designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Carl Christensen, MD, PhD, D-FASAM, FACOG, cMRO, Clinical Associate Professor, Departments of Psychiatry and OB Gyn, WSU School of Medicine
Release Date: August 27, 2019
Expiration Date: August 31, 2022