Grand Rounds: Harm Reduction in Practice and Policy Strategies
Wednesday, December 01, 2021
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Grand Rounds LIve Webinar Series: Harm Reduction in Practice and Policy Strategies
Wednesday, December 1, 2021
12:00 – 1:00 PM ET
Approved for 1 AMA PRA Category Credit(s)™
Doctor Sue is a physician-anthropologist, author, and the Medical Director of the Harm Reduction Coalition, a national advocacy and capacity-building organization that promores the health and dignity of individuals and communities impacted by drug use and the racialized War on Drugs. This session will focues on the role of harm reduction strategies in preventing overdose deaths and infectious disease transmission. Additionally, the speaker will review the importance of incorporating such strategies at the clinical level, as well as advocating for policies that support their use and availability.
- Describe what a syringe service program offers to participants.
- Implement strategies related to harm reduction in their practice.
- Find syringe service programs in their area.
- Identify opportunities to advocate for harm reduction policies.
- Advocate for legislation supporting harm reduction policies.
- Contact and discuss the benefits of harm reduction policies with policymakers.
Kimberly Sue, MD, PhD
Registration FREE, register by clicking here.
Questions can be submitted during the Grand Rounds or in advance at email@example.com.
Statement of Accreditation
The Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The MSMS designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.