158th ASM: Neurology Update 2023
Monday, May 22, 2023
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
158th Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) Virtual Monthly Series:
Live Virtual - Zoom
Monday, May 22, 2023
6:00 - 8:00 PM EST
Lead by Kavita M. Grover, MD, and her team of colleagues, this course will discuss the management of Parkinson's disease, peripheral neuropathy, multiple sclerosis and discuss the various primary headache types.
Primary headache types and management - Kendra Hamilton, MD
- Describe various primary headaches, with focus on migraine.
- Explain treatment paradigm and considerations when choosing medications.
Parkinson's disease and management - Bisena Bulica, DO
- Discuss key features of Parkinson's disease and various systemic symptom associations.
- Discuss treatment paradigm and considerations when choosing medication with special attention to side effects.
Peripheral neuropathy and management - Kavita Grover, MD
- Idenfify signs and symptoms of neuropathy, common causes and management dicisions.
Multiple sclerosis - work up and management - Mirela Cerghet, MD
- Discuss diagnostic work up for multiple sclerosis and management decisions.
Approved for 2 AMA PRA Category Credit(s)™
Members - $50
Non-Members - $75
Retired Members - $50
Member Students/Residents - FREE
Additional 158th MSMS Foundation Annual Scientific Meeting topics and dates include:
- March 27 - In Clinic Screening for Cognitive Impairment of Older Persons Living without and with HIV
- April 24 - Hey Doc, What Are the Best Supplements to Take?
- June 26 - Lifestyle Medicine: Patients, Pillars, Practice
- August 28 - Updates in Endocrinology
- September 18 - Approach to Peripheral Neuropathy
- October 23 - Dermatology Update
- November 27 - Colon and Rectal Surgery
- December 18 - Allergy and Asthma Update
Statement of Accreditation:
The Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The MSMS designates this live activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.